Your 8 Stage Program:Each of the 8 stages
- Arrives via email on your chosen schedule
- Features 4 components
1. Welcome: An introduction to the Whole Health solution covered in this stage.
2. Essentials: A series of top tips providing you with Whole Health tools
3. Videos: A tailored selection of useful videos. Choose the ones that work with your interest, energy and ability level
4. Insight: Articles on your chosen Whole Health subject, written by experts in the My Yoga Online community
- Stage 1: The Basics
- Unity. Yoga is a Sanskrit term meaning ‘yoke’ or ‘union.’ Your yoga asana (posture) practice is intended to unite you in many ways: movement with breath, mind...
- Stage 2: Asana: The Beginning
- Start at the beginning. Asanas (postures) are a practical place to start your yoga journey. Working with your body-mind will enable you to see and feel results...
- Stage 3: Pranayama: Taking Breathing Deeper
- Pranayama is a Sanskrit term stemming from two words: prana, meaning energy, or breath; and yama, meaning restrain or suspend. Our Essentials will help you learn more...
- Stage 4: Yamas: The First Limb of the 8-Limbed Path
- Life best lived. The yamas are the first limb of the eight-limbed path outlined by yogic philosophy guru Patanjali. The five yamas are focused on how we...
- Stage 5: Niyamas: Habits to Help Your Spirit
- The niyamas are habits to help your spirit. They’re the second limb of the eight-limbed path outlined by yogic philosophy guru Patanjali. The five niyamas are the...
- Stage 6: Meditation: Going Deeper
- There’s more to meditation than meets the eye. There’s a lot going on beneath the surface of a serene-looking face. Learning to meditate involves becoming aware of...
- Stage 7: Pulling it All Together
- Now it’s time to set aside two hours every day to do your yoga practice. Just kidding. Your yoga practice is only going to do you good...
- Stage 8: Taking Your Practice off the Mat
- The best part about your yoga practice is what it brings to the rest of your life. Everything you learn on your mat can be applied to...
Not sure where to start, or why?
The practice of yoga has flourished to the point where information is widely available. The challenge is to sift through the information and pare it down to the essentials. The next step is to decide how yoga can best work for you.
A Guided Introduction
Our guided introduction to the benefits and practice of yoga will:
- Answer your questions.
- Teach you the basics of fundamental postures.
- Go deeper, into the anatomical aspects of each pose.
- Guide you through an anatomy focus in each stage, so you can progress safely and mindfully.
- Introduce you to the benefits of yoga philosophy.
- Help you take the benefits of your practice off your mat, into your world.
Find the yoga practice that’s perfect for you.
Your Perfect Yoga Practice
- Learn the hows and whys of yoga.
- Create your perfect yoga practice.
- Become leaner, stronger, calmer, energized.