- Reclining Hero Pose: Supta Virasana
Reclining Hero Pose is an intense and advanced stretch with many benefits:
- Stretches the front body, including abdomen, thighs, quads and hip flexors
- Strengthens the knees, ankles and arches of the feet
- Stretches the spine
- Improves digestion
- Relieve symptoms of menstrual pain
- Hero Pose: Virasana
Hero Pose is a relaxing and meditative posture with many benefits:
- Stretches the thighs, knees and ankles
- Strengthens the ankles and arches of the feet
- Improves digestion
- Soothes the mind
- Reduces swelling of the legs and feet during pregnancy
- Lotus Pose: Padmasana
Lotus pose is an advanced hip opener and basic meditation posture with several benefits:
- Opens the hips and creates a sense of balance
- Assists elimination
- Builds strength and flexibility in the ankle joints
- Amplifies the flow of Prana
- Staff Pose: Dandasana
Staff Pose is a basic and simple stabilizing pose that is the foundation for all seated asanas and has several benefits:
- Strengthens core muscles and hip flexors
- Improves posture
- Stretches the chest and shoulders
- Thunderbolt Pose or Zen Pose: Vajrasana
Thunderbolt Pose is a grounding yoge posture that delievers a handful of health benefits. The Thunderbolt Pose:
- Improves and aids in your digestion.
- Conditions pelvic muscles and brings awareness to your posture.
- Aids in good posture for meditation and centering.
- Cow Face Pose: Gomukhasana
As a seated yoga posture, Cow Face Pose generates an array of nourishing benefits for the upper and lower body. The Cow Face Pose:
- Stretches the back of your arms, your rotator cuff, your upper back and chest muscles.
- Stretches your gluteus, tensor fascia latae, piriformis and other hip rotator muscles.
- Opens your chest and thoracic spine.
- Easy Pose: Sukhasana
The Easy Sitting Pose is a classic seated yoga posture used for meditation and rest periods within a yoga practice. The Easy Sitting Pose:
- Open your hips.
- Lengthens your spine.
- Promotes groundedness and inner calm.
- Amplifies the state of serenity, tranquility, and eliminates anxiety.
- Relieves physical and mental exhaustion and tiredness.