Featured Workshop Videos
Leslie Kaminoff is a yoga educator inspired by the tradition of T.K.V. Desikachar. He is an internationally recognized specialist with thirty three years’ experience in the fields of yoga and breath anatomy. He leads anatomy and yoga methodology workshops
Yoga Videos Online
- Dolphin Plank Pose: Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana
Dolphin Plank Pose is a challenging core centered pose with several benefits:
- Strengthens the core, shoulders, arms and chest
- Stretches the arches of the feet, calves and hamstrings
- Tones the abdominals and glutes
- Helps to relieve stress and depression.
- Child Pose: Balasana
- Gently stretches your lower back, hips, thighs, knees, and ankles
- Relaxes your spine, shoulders, and neck
- Increases blood circulation to your head which reduces headaches
- Massages your internal organs
- Calms the mind (central nervous system) thus helping relieve stress and tension
- Sphinx Pose: Salamba Bhujangasana
Often used in Yin style classes, Sphinx pose is a gentle backbend with many benefits:
- Stretches and lengthens the spine
- Stretches the chest, lungs, shoulders and abdomen
- Firms the buttocks
- Helps relieves stress
- Calms the mind
- Chair Pose: Utkatasana
As a standing yoga posture, Chair Pose engages the upper and lower body as it generates an array of nourishing benefits. The Chair Pose:
- Strengthens the hip flexor msucles, the front of your thighs, you adductor musclces of your inner thighs and the gluteus mesucles of your hips.
- Strengthens and stretches your calf muscles.
- Opens your chest and shoulders.
- Improves the range of motion in your ankles.
- Increases proprioception (or the sense of position in space) in your feet.