Featured Workshop Videos
Leslie Kaminoff is a yoga educator inspired by the tradition of T.K.V. Desikachar. He is an internationally recognized specialist with thirty three years’ experience in the fields of yoga and breath anatomy. He leads anatomy and yoga methodology workshops
Yoga Videos Online
- Revolved Chair Pose: Parivrtta Utkatasana
A simple pose with many benefits:
- Strengthens the hip flexor muscles, the front of your thighs, the adductor muscles of your inner thighs and the gluteus muscles of your hips.
- Strengthens and stretches your calf muscles.
- Opens your chest, shoulders, and upper back.
- Improves the range of motion in your ankles.
- Increases proprioception (or the sense of position in space) in your feet.
- Traditionally thought to stimulate your abdominal organs and your heart.
- Two Knee Spinal Twist Pose
As a twisting yoga posture, Two Knee Spinal Twist Pose generatires an array of nourishing benefits. The Two Knee Spinal Twist Pose:
- Encourages movement and mobility in your spine and vertebrae.
- Massages, stretches, and tones your internal organs.
- Improves your digestion.
- Stretches your chest, shoulders, lower back, hips, middle spine and your upper back.
- Alleviates pain or stiffness in your lower back, spine and hips.
- stretches chest, shoulders, lower back, hips, middle spine, and upper back
- alleviates pain or stiffn
- Half Standing Forward Bend: Ardha Uttanasana
Benefits of the Half Standing Forward Bend pose:
• Stretches your hips, hamstrings, calves, and low back.
• Strengthens your thighs and knees.
• Warms up your body and works on your core.
• A good preparation for any other forward bends in your practice, particularly downward dog.
- Reverse Warrior Pose: Viparita Virabhadrasana
Reverse Warrior Pose is a variation of Warrior II pose with many benefits:
- Strengthens the quads, arms and neck
- Stretches the groins, hips and obliques
- Opens the chest and shoulders
- Increases self esteem and perseverance