12 Easy Ways to Use Castor Oil
By Talia Marcheggiani • June 10th, 2013 • 75302 Views
6. To relax tight muscles. Apply castor oil as a topical treatment to areas of tension and muscle knots, such as the neck and upper back. Leave the oil on problem areas to sooth and relax aching muscles and reduce pain.
7. To ease sore, cracking joints. Castor oil effectively penetrates and lubricates joints, reducing cracking and stiffness. It also contains anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, helping to sooth soreness. Coat the skin around the joint with a generous amount of castor oil and apply a hot water bottle on top. The heat helps to increase the penetration of castor oil into the joint where it can exert its healing effects.
8. To detoxify the liver. Create a castor oil pack by applying a liberal amount of castor oil over the liver (on the right side of the abdomen, below the right breast, over the rib cage). Next, apply an old towel over the area and then a hot water bottle. Relax for 30 – 60 minutes, allowing the castor oil to penetrate the liver and gallbladder, aiding in their detoxification. This is a necessary ritual to perform every day while engaging in any kind of dietary of lifestyle detoxification program.
9. To improve digestion and aid constipation. Before bed apply a generous amount of castor oil to the lower abdomen – below the belly button and above the pubic bone – then top with a towel or old pyjamas. The castor oil helps increase the movement of the large intestine, moving along the contents, keeping you regular and aiding in detoxification.
10. To sooth itching skin. Apply castor oils to areas of itching, such as minor skin rashes and small bug bites. Castor oil’s anti-inflammatory and itch-relieving properties help provide relief.
11. To heal fungal infections. Add 1-2 drops of tea tree, lavender or oregano essential oils to a dollop of castor oil and apply to minor fungal skin infections. Both the essential oils and castor oil contain antifungal properties, while helping to moisturize...