Crocodile Pose: Makarasana
Crocodile Pose is a restorative pose with several benefits:
- Lengthens the spine gently
- Release lower back compression
- Relaxes the body
- Calms the mind
- Therapeutic for high blood pressure
- Helps relieve fatigue
1. Start in Sphinx Pose. Stack your palms in front of your face and rest your forehead down on the backs of your hands.
2. Stretch your legs out down your mat, hip width distance apart. Let your ankles gently roll out, without twisting or straining your ankles.
3. Take a deep inhale, then exhale deeply to fully relax your body. Feel as if you are melting into the floor, holding no muscular engagement.
4. Close your eyes and relax. Breathe here for up to 5 minutes, then push back to Child’s Pose
- You can rest your forehead on a block or blanket instead of your hands.
- Tuck your toes under to intensify the stretch in your calves.