What is a booking?
A booking refers to a visiting teacher coming in to teach or perform at your venue, studio, or event.
What can I book teachers for?
A whole range of options including: conferences, festivals, master classes, workshops, lectures, immersions, intensives, teacher trainings and retreats.
How does this process work?
- Simply click the ‘Book This Teacher’ button on the teacher’s My Yoga Online profile.
- Fill out the form that pops up, detailing what you’d like to book the teacher for.
- The Team at YAMA Talent receives an email with the request, contacts the teacher with the details and takes care of the booking process.
What happens if I’m not sure what type of event I want to book a teacher for?
Contact the YAMA Talent Bookings Department: firstname.lastname@example.org. They’ll help you figure out what you need. They can also book multiple events and teachers at once.
YAMA will secure a date based on your availability, create customized premium programming, handle the documentation process, logistics and co-promote.
Can you tell me more about Ava Taylor and YAMA Talent?
Ava Taylor, founder and Chief Catalyzer of YAMA Talent, the world’s first management company and booking agency dedicated to holistically fostering the careers of yoga teachers. They accomplish their goal by supporting all aspects of being a professional yoga teacher including full service management, branding, booking, passive income, PR and marketing. They are the hub of the fast-growing yoga community, and facilitate the education exchange by connecting students, teachers, studios and yoga enthusiasts around the globe.
YAMA teachers have appeared at every major yoga event on the planet and notable clients include: adidas, Anue, Flavorpill, Harper’s Bazaar, Gaiam, Lole, MBT Shoes, Minute Maid, smartwater and Veria Network. YAMA Talent has been featured in the New York Times.
Based in New York, YAMA will expand to include satellite offices on the West Coast, Canada, Europe and Asia in 2012.
What does YAMA do?
- Connect you quickly, and efficiently with the right teachers to create the event of your dreams.
- Provide available dates for booking.
- Work with you and the teacher to secure customized premium programming and deliver all assets needed to promote.
- Handle all the necessary documentation including: contracts, promotional materials, final payout.
- Handle logistics including: travel and lodging arrangements.
- Assist in event promotion.
How does this system make requesting teachers easier?
Working with YAMA to book teachers provides much needed infrastructure to all parts of the booking process. Their insight and experience provide assurance and protection that the process will run smoothly for both the teacher and the venue. They are a staff of expert bookers, with deep connections and systems that were created specifically for the yoga industry.
How much does it cost to host an event?
The fee to book a teacher depends on various factors including: how many hours of teaching you are booking, travel time and distance involved, and which teacher you choose. It is YAMA’s goal to create programming and facilitate the education exchange in a way that is sustainable for the teacher, the venue and the longevity of yoga as a whole.
What types of programs do teachers offer?
YAMA creates customized premium programming for each venue based on the student base’s interests/needs and the curriculum offerings of their teachers.
Curriculum offerings include, but, are not limited to:
- Conference and Festival Appearances
- Master Classes - 90 minutes.
- Workshops - 2 to 3 hours each.
- Lectures - Vary.
- Immersions - 4 to 6 hours a Day.
- Intensives - 10+ Hours a Weekend.
- Teacher Training Modules - Individual Advanced Modules, up to complete 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Certified Programs.