Spring Cleansing with Libre Tea
By Wendy Weir • March 22nd, 2012 • 5149 Views
Spring is in the air! It’s time to do our spring-cleaning—in our homes and our bodies.We want to clean out the old, the worn, and the tired to create a healthier place of clarity for peace and inspiration.
To cleanse our bodies there are several important areas to consider: the colon, liver and kidneys are key. Additionally, a blood cleanse can be helpful for your overall system. As well, skin sloughing (gentle exfoliates and then natural skin moisturizers like tea seed oil) addresses the largest organ of your body.
You can use your Libre Tea glass to prepare cleansing teas conveniently. You will find several cleansing teas, with a wide variety of ingredients, are available at your local health food store and online.
Here is a list of some of the key ingredients and their benefits for cleansing:
- Burdock Root – helps detoxify the liver, is an antibiotic and anti-fungal and helps as a diuretic
- Dandelion Root – helps purify the liver and gallbladder and is a gentle diuretic
- Nettle – helps support the mucous membranes, including those in the digestive tract, respiratory system and urinary system and helps with blood purifying
- Peppermint – supports digestion and eases upset stomachs, sooths the colon helping with colonic muscle spasms
- Licorice Root – helps protect the liver, aids with digestion, promotes skin health, sooths the throat and works as antidepressant
- Lemon Grass – helps with digestion and headaches, aids with gas, bowel spasms and stomach upset
- Ginger Root – helps with digestion, relieves nausea, helps create a healthy peripheral circulation; warming your hands and feet
- Black Pepper – helps detoxify, helps with absorbing nutrients, is an antioxidant, works as a diuretic stabilizing the water in the body
- Turmeric – is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, helps with irritable bowel syndrome
- Juniper Berry – helps support healthy kidney and urinary function, helps with digestion and intestinal gas
Most cleansing teas will include at least four of these herbs plus many others. When choosing, be sure you pick a tea that suits your personal needs. Use this Chopra Dosha Quiz to help find out what specific needs your body has.
Remember, before starting any cleansing program you should always check with your health practitioner for advice and guidance!