Zain’s Peanut Butter and Banana Creme Vegan Pancakes
By Zain Saraswati Jamal • November 11th, 2012 • 6312 Views
Pancakes that are egg-free, sugar & gluten-free, high in protein and nutrients and whose taste will blow the preservative-laden, unhealthy fat saturated pancakes out of the water? This recipe gives a whole new meaning to Sunday morning.
56g Uncontaminated Oats
2 Tbsp Vegan Protein Powder Of Your Choice
1 Tsp Baking Powder
7-10 Drops Vanilla Creme Stevia
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tsp Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil or Grapeseed Oil to grease the pan
For a thicker pancake, add:
1 Flax Egg – (1/2 Tbsp Ground Flax + 1.5 Tbsp Water, set aside for 3-5 minutes)
Peanut Butter Banana Creme:
1/2 Tbsp – 1 TbspPeanut Butter
1 Tbsp Light Coconut Milk OR Unsweetened Almond Milk
- If using ‘flax egg’ combine ground flax in water an set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together until combined.
- Add all wet ingredients (including ‘flax egg’ if you are using it) to the dry ingredients (add a little water if the batter is too thick to obtain the consistency you desire).
- Heat lightly-oiled skillet and pour 1/2 pancake batter onto the grill. Heat for two to three minutes or until edges are slightly browned then flip. Repeat with the remaining half of the batter.
- Meanwhile, using your magic bullet or food processor, blend ingredients for peanut butter creme and set aside.
- Once pancakes are cooked and plated, spread peanut butter creme over top and serve with maple syrup or sugar-free maple syrup.
Certified Holistic Nutritionist, Yogini, Lifestyle & Fitness Personality and Published Writer, Zain Saraswati Jamallives to inspire others toward a life dedicated to health and spiritual healing. A gifted clean-eating chef, Zain is known as the girl who can ‘turn any dirty recipe clean.’ She is the creator of the successful lifestyle blog, Eve Post Apple, and aids her clients in achieving their dream physiques and optimum health with her custom meal plans. Zain has been featured on CTV Noon News Hour, Tosca Reno’s Blog, The Yoga Magazine, as well as in Oxygen Magazine’s Off The Couch Special Issue.
Facebook: Zain Saraswati Jamal