10 Ways to Unleash Your Inner Superwoman
By Madhuri Phillips • November 7th, 2012 • 5185 Views
Let’s face it ladies…there are more demands on us now then at any other time in history. Working. Going to school. Being mom of the year. Having a relationship. Looking good. Staying healthy. Being conscious. And trying not to ruin the planet while we are at it. Quite frankly being a Superwoman can be quite exhausting, don’t you agree?
How do we have it all, be the greatest we can be and simultaneously remain grounded and happy in the midst of all of the striving? We can’t. Something has to give and that’s ok! (Insert exhalation here).
The acceptance of who we are and how we are is key to the happiness we seek through all of the go-getting. It’s time for a revolution and we are the ones who must initiate and support the shift of paradigm moving the focus from self-improvement to self-acceptance.
We must put self-care and joy back in the driver’s seat and ask our scared, competitive, struggling, victim self to step back and watch how self-mastery is done. That is the way of the Superwoman!
10 Ways to Unleash Your Inner Superwoman:
1. Say NO to people, projects, requests, invites, or demands that are not unbounded YESSES! By aligning your energy with what is true to you, you will conserve energy for the things that really make your heart sing, sans resentment or guilt.
2. Take time to be by yourself everyday. Quietly, silently, peacefully. Continue to develop your relationship to your self as it is the most important relationship of all.
3. Move your body. Do yoga, dance, swim, ride your bike, walk, whatever groove you like to move. Do it.
4. Be in nature. Be very present with your surroundings. Soak up the sounds, sights, smells, and energy of the great outdoors. Allow nature to restore your prana.
5. Eat fresh whole foods cooked with love—organic when possible. Treat your body as your temple. Keep it clean and nourish it from the inside out.
6. Keep your mind clear. Empty out the trash of your mind. Observe and understand your current beliefs and motivations behind them. If they are not serving your highest good, question why you’re holding onto them.
7. Give back. Keep the flow of energy moving. Giving back can be simple like smiling at a stranger, helping someone in need, or doing karma yoga.
8. Celebrate you. Be proud of who you are and all of the small things...